Tuesday, November 1, 2011

God is Above All Things

One of the amazing and wonderful things about God's Word, the Bible, is that it speaks to each one of us for whatever it is we are going through. We all have our different issues and problems, needs and desires. For one of us it's finances, another, our children, still another health or relationships...then again some of us have all of these things in our lives to deal with.  Right now the one that's on the "front burner" so to speak is my health. I know... it's been that way for awhile, but I know you can relate. Problems rarely are solved overnight, and sometimes God allows us to walk "through" for a while. Mine has been awhile.

I had a tough summer, but God has been doing some things for me and I'm feeling better pain-wise. (Thank you Lord!) I'm definitely giving Him credit, it wouldn't be happening without His hand on me. I was in a spiral down and it wasn't fun. Medication wasn't helping, and if I looked at the "big picture" of textbook diagnosis and prognosis, mine was crummy to say the least. 


But, with one thing, it always leads to another with God. He may let you sit for a little while, but then He's always there moving you forward once more, stretching your faith, and causing you to get uncomfortable in the place that He last left you. Do you understand what I'm saying? God isn't stagnant and He doesn't want us to be either. So we may have a victory and praise, but before you know it He's knocking on the door again asking us to step out of our comfort zone and go further down the "faith" road.


God sometimes plants me in a particular chapter in the scriptures and leaves me there. I may read something a dozen times before it starts to sink in. Has this happened to you? I go over and over and sometimes frustration happens before enlightenment. Then sometimes He shows me something ahead of time and I find myself realizing I need to pay attention for what's coming. Case in point. John, chapter three. I'm there alot.





What I've been reading over and over is John 3:31 "The one who comes from above is above all". Sounds simple enough to understand. But understanding and putting into practice are two different things. He's asking me to believe and act upon that statement. He's in control. He's the One who makes the decisions. He's the One who can bring the manifestation of healing when no one else can. He's the One that can transition you from head knowledge to actually doing what needs to be done. 


God gives promises and sometimes those promises seem distant and unattainable. Often times they are fraught with difficulty and ditches along the way. But a day comes when things start to change. I'm reminding myself to praise God along the way, and to keep moving forward. He will be there with me each step of the way.


I found this illustration today that says it all!






Wherever you might be in this circle, just let God keep moving you forward.

love in Jesus,


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Debra. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the illustration, Debra! I'm going to share it at prayer meeting this week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debra, I needed to hear this today! Just a confirmation that my Lord is with me through this rough road.
    Many blessings to you,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra - I can't believe I wasn't on your follower list here - I know I'd been here before - all better now - see - I'm your newest follower! Really appreciate your sharing here - always a blessing to share the daily bread the Lord gives us with others. This is something I really enjoy about Blogworld - God living and moving and having His being through us all! See you at Common Ground and Pinterest!

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I started reading this post I thought I will quote 3 John 2 to you, and then I read further and see you are already reading in John.
    "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers". 3 John 2.
    Nice to meet you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for directing me here, debra. so much truth and encouragement.

    for me, it's psalm 139. the word is so important to me and ao alive with layers of teaching and reassurance.

    i hope your health improves swiftly.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment, big or small.